- Reach high risk children and youth
- Help students relate and cope with life experiences through music
- Inspire lasting friendships
- Foster musical creativity and self-expression
- Improve attendance in school and boost literacy
- Build character and leadership skills
- Promote cultural diversity for all groups
- Provide a forum for caring adults and peers to listen to youth.
The key features of the Stellula Music program are:
- Instruction and support for songwriting clubs;
- Arranging for mentor/musicians to visit Simcoe County schools throughout the year, sharing songwriting tips, and inspiring children and youth to embrace music;
- A week-long Music in Schools event in May;
- An end-of-year Community Celebration!